Noodles. Give us oodles of it. And loads of broth. And kimchi. And a marinated egg. And veggies. And meat.
Did I sum up what ramen is?!
This famous Japanese noodle dish is the favorite comfort food for many. South Koreans call it their soul food, and several brands have brought about instant ramen noodles.
However, if you want to make some restaurant-style award-winning gourmet noodles that’d be ideal for a date night, you’re in the right place.
Here’s an easy recipe that you can whip up using ingredients from your fridge.
3 eggs, 4 strips of fried or baked chicken, 6-7 Prawns (optional), noodles (you can use instant ramen noodles or udon or any springy noodles), chicken stock, stir-fried veggies of your choice, light and dark soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, sesame seeds
Marinade: Mix 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1/4rice vinegar, and ¾ cup of water
Boil 3 eggs for 7 minutes, immediately transfer those eggs into an ice bath
After a few minutes, peel the eggs and place them in the marinade for a few hours or overnight (store for max 3 days)
- Marinate 4 chicken thighs in a mixture of 1tbsp each of dark and light sauce, 2 tbsp mirin, sliced ginger and garlic, and a pinch of cayenne pepper for at least an hour.
- Bake your marinated chicken by glazing it with some of the leftover marinade (Add some brown sugar to it)
- Let the chicken rest and cool before cutting them into strips
- Add a bit of minced garlic and soy sauce and saute the prawns in olive oil until cooked.
- Season and set aside
You can either choose to stir fry them in soy sauce or optionally steam them as per your taste
- In a saucepan, add stock, ginger, garlic, spring onions, soy sauce, and mirin and set to simmer over medium heat for 25 minutes
- Strain out the solids and let only the broth remain.
Cook the noodles as per the instructions on the package (every noodle is different). Try not to overcook them to keep their springy texture intact.
- Add the noodles evenly in 4 or so bowls
- Pour over the simmering broth
- Top with the chicken strips, veggies, and the marinated eggs and prawns.
- Add a few scallions and sesame seeds to garnish!
Did you enjoy our recipe! Try it out and Rizzle about your Ramen experience!