The egg is one of the most versatile food to ever exist. Full of protein, it can be eaten during breakfast, lunch, and dinner too. Even a few vegetarians make an exception to include the egg in their diets. Below are a few simple recipes you can whip up using the eggs from your pantry.
The easiest and best egg recipe ever. Scrambled eggs are a breakfast staple across the globe.
Whisk 2 or 3 eggs and some milk together.
Heat up a pan with butter or olive oil
Add the egg and milk mixture
Keep mixing until cooked.
Looking to go gourmet? Try this recipe by Gordon Ramsay!
- 3 eggs, Dollop of butter, Creme fraiche (optional), salt & pepper, chives for garnish
- Crack 3 eggs in a saucepan.
- Add a dollop of butter into it.
- Put the pan over medium heat and keep mixing with a spatula.
- Keep removing the saucepan off the heat occasionally without forgetting to stir the mixture.
- When the mixture begins to curdle, add half a teaspoon of creme fraiche to it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chives and serve with tomatoes and mushrooms roasted in olive oil.
The name itself gives you grand gourmet vibes. And yes, this dish is just all things luxurious. It consists of toasted English muffins topped with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, though some chefs like to dress it further with other ingredients like smoked salmon or ham, mushrooms, and more.
- Eggs, Butter, English Muffins
Optional Smoked salmon or ham or sauteed mushrooms and spinach
For the hollandaise sauce (You can use store-bought sauce as well)
- Melt 250 gm of butter
- Separate the whites from two eggs and cook the yolks using a double boiler. Keep whisking continuously
- Add a dash of white wine vinegar to it
- Season with salt and pepper
- Slowly add the melted butter and whisk
- Store in a thermos to stop it from curdling
For the Poached eggs
- Take cling wrap and rub some olive over it
- Place the cling foil over a bowl, and crack open two eggs in it
- Gently tie up the cling film without letting any air inside
- Place the eggs in simmering water (add a bit vinegar to it) for 3-4 mins or until cooked
- Unwrap the poached eggs from the cling film and season according to your taste
- Lightly toast English muffins
- Place some smoked salmon or ham or sauteed mushrooms over the buns
- Add the poached eggs on it
- Douse with hollandaise sauce and serve
An egg salad is perfect for lunch. It's light, it has protein, it has veggies and it's delicious! Make it into a sandwich, and you get your carbs too.
Boiled eggs, scallion, jalapenos, cilantro, chopped onions, mustard, sliced tomatoes, mayonnaise, paprika (for seasoning)
- Dice up the boiled eggs
- Mix the greens and eggs in a bowl
- Add mayonnaise and mustard
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika
- Mix everything up
- Serve as a salad or make into a sandwich with the salad as the filling with toasted bread.
Looking for an easy dinner fix? Just take an egg, some rice, and veggies from your refrigerator and saute them together in some sauce. That’s easy fried rice there for you.
Eggs, bacon, onion, scallion, sesame seeds, oyster sauce (soy sauce), your choice of veggies (we recommend carrots, bean sprouts, mushrooms, bell peppers)
- Fry some cut up pieces of bacon in a pan and put them aside
- Scramble an egg or two in the same pan and keep it aside for later
- In the same pan sautée your onions
- Add your veggies and sautée
- Add some oyster sauce to the veggies
- Add rice to it and stir fry
- Add the bacon and scrambled eggs to the mix
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with toasted sesame seeds
Another breakfast recipe makes the list. There are many variations of this recipe. Here’s a sweet and simple one that anybody can make.
An egg, half and half, 2- 3 bread slices, fresh cream, strawberries, butter
- Crack open and whisk an egg
- Add some half and half to the egg and whisk again
- Soak your bread slices in the mixture
- Butter and heat up a pan
- Toast the soaked bread slice in the pan (pour any remaining mixture over the bread slices)
- Flip to cook both sides
- Whisk the half and half to form fresh cream or use store-bought cream
- Add powdered sugar or honey/ syrup to the toast
- Serve the french toast with strawberries and fresh cream!
Were those recipes eggtastic enough for you? Rizzle about your egg recipes!